As 2011 draws to a close, we just wanted to thank all of our clients and friends for supporting us through another busy year.
The year began with the evaluation of the bids to supply Auckland’s new electric passenger train fleet. That $500m contract was eventually signed by Auckland Transport and CAF in early October. Other highlights during the year included helping:
- Affinity ID sell the Jimungo online sports tipping business to APN Online
- Konnect’s Australian business, Pen Computer Systems, to agree the terms of a joint venture with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Maui Development Limited to deal with the major outage on the Maui gas pipeline
- Mercer Group Limited to set up new distribution agreements for its products around the world, and exit from some under-performing businesses
- Navman Wireless negotiate a major deal with Telstra in Australia
- Merlot Aero to negotiate a significant investment from Air Asia
- the team behind Blacksmith to launch their new recruitment company, Talent Magnet
- Rev Worldwide to buy out the minority shareholders in Rev Asia Pacific
- enlight photo with the commercialisation of its new iPhone app
- Fletcher Steel to deal with a debtor’s liquidator
- MMc negotiate a new set of contracts with NAB
- Heatbox to sign a distribution agreement with Placemakers
We love contributing to our clients’ success and, despite the economic gloom that has been hanging around since the GFC wrought its havoc, this year plenty of companies have really thrived.
In the middle of the year we also launched Nick Hodson Lawyers Limited with both of us as directors and shareholders. We are indebted to our favourite client, Konnect, for continuing to provide us with a home and a superior working environment. This year also saw the league debut of the co- sponsored “Konnect – nh” indoor soccer team. The on-field results are a work in progress but the after match functions have more than made up for that.
Sadly, as she did before Christmas 2010, Sabina has decided to leave us to travel to Europe on her big OE. Sabina was the first employee of Nick Hodson lawyers (and also the third). We wish her well on her travels – she has become a really skilful lawyer over the past 3 years and we are sure she will continue (to use a technical karate term) to kick ass wherever she ends up. You can check out sabbymac.blogspot.com to stay in touch with her news.
While we will both be taking some time out over the Christmas holidays to recharge and spend time with family and friends, thanks to Steve Jobs’ legacy (the iPhone4 and Siri) we will be online and available if anything comes up that we can help with.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year. We look forward to joining forces again in 2012.
Nick and Jeremy